Monday, November 08, 2004

the wee hours of the morning.


currently listening to: crying like a church on monday/new radicals.

a couple of months ago, i had to write either a poem or a short story about "my favorite time of the day."

without a second thought, i instantly thought of "the wee hours of the morning", where i believe everything important actually happens.

i'm a crammer by nature, and i love it. if there's anything for the next morning, whether it may be papers to write or exams to study for, i won't start until midnight, because any other time would be "too early." i don't know why, but it's at this time that my brain really works best. i study better, i write better, i concentrate better... i even sing better! (of course, i'm really the only judge of that).

i love knowing that the whole household is fast asleep and that i'm the only one awake. almost every single night, you can find me very contentedly listening to my mp3 playlist, talking to a friend on the phone, chatting with friends on ym, and putting my thoughts down on a password-protected-word document. my "day" usually ends when one of my parents wake up, about to start their day, and yell at me for still being awake.


at this time of the day, i'm alone.. but not really. haha, that sounds scary.

at this time of the day, i am alone. with my music. with my friends. with myself.

-----------------------

There's something about the evening,
and the peacefulness of it all.
I believe that I can fall in love,
Beginning with a phone call.

There's something about sundown,
And how the day is about to end,
I look for some good conversation,
And can find solace in an old friend.

There's something about the twilight,
The magic in the air,
It makes me feel everything will be okay,
And all sorts of troubles, I can bear.

There's something about the nighttime,
When everyone has called it a day,
I can stop all the smiling and laughing,
And act my colors of blue and gray.

There's something about the darkness,
As I imagine the light that could be,
And I believe that maybe someday,
I'll understand things like destiny.

There's something about the stars in the sky,
And how they shine down on me,
With them, I'm constantly assured
There are wonders in life I have yet to see.

There's something about the brightness of the moon,
And how it can emit so much light,
I feel like everything is possible,
And somehow, things will be all right.

bow.
-----------------------

albert: aaah, the real world. the sucky, sucky real world. and thanks for the layout. really. sobra. grabe. thank you. =).
dawn: heheh, your experience shows through your last comment ;). i miss you, dearie!
phillip: oo ba! your treat pa nga eh! where have you been? blog!!! =).
jingo: hahahaha! oh, yes i do! unfortunately, we've seen each other in very... err.. embarassing high school situations we'd probably like to forget forever =).
roanne: i agree with you whole-heartedly =).
ilse: no, you can't. buti nalang we can eat with our mouths. wenk.
r: my school... =).
yogi: hehe, so why doesn't your head get a haircut? is it only for caps? ;)
yebah man: haha, sira ka talaga. di mo pa ako kinukwentuhan ah!
jay: kasalanan mo 'tong lahat! ikaw kasi! heheheh =).
bianca: hehe, thanks for the compliment. lennon eh? you'll get along well with yogs =).
tiepee: your cynical comments are always welcome, basta mag-comment ka. haha. =).


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home