Sunday, May 22, 2005

a summer recap.


currently listening to:I Will Remember You/Sarah McLachlan.




today is the last day of summer.

i'm not usually so sentimental about the end of vacation, but for some reason, this summer was more than just a few weeks off from school. it was... amazing.

except for my beloved blockmates (who just live sooooo far away!!!), i can say that it was the summer of being with the people who matter the most to me. it's been a summer of peace and quiet (and drinks and poker)... with the people I love most. it was a summer of strengthening bonds and making new ones.

i didn't get to go on as many out-of-town trips as most people probably did, but i did get to go to 3 kick-ass weekend trips with 3 kick-ass groups of people...

The tracksters/a veneto groupies/nettrekker addicts to Zambales (and a day trip to Mushroomburger!), Green & White to Tanay (and lots and lots of overnighters at Cover!), and the GingGangGooliGang to Galera.

yes, i was in school all summer, but i walked the hallways seeing only familiar faces--people who have grown immensely on me--people who i cannot imagine my summer without. a lot of my friends couldn't understand what was with me and my going to school or to the printing press. yes, i was cooped up in SPS 503b all day--and I loved every minute of the people I was with and the work that I had to do.

i dread going to school tomorrow and not finding it as homey as it was over the summer. students milling around like ants, unfamiliar faces walking to their next class... no longer will I have the corridor (or bathroom mirror!) to myself. i will no longer get the pleasure of going to mcdonald's (or any establishment on taft ave.) without having to line up for more than 3 minutes. i can no longer sing at the top of my lungs with only one or two people hearing me (these two people would be my friends, please take note).

=( =( =(

i know, i know, mushy mushy mushy. you're probably wondering why i'm being so mushy over my summer--i mean it couldnt have been that great could it?

the weird thing is... it was.

*disclaimer* nakokornihan ba kayo sa akin? bahala kayo sa buhay niyo. basta ako, nag-enjoy ako!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home