Friday, May 12, 2006

the good and simple life.


currently listening to: scratch/kendall payne.

I love out-of-the-blue/i-just-want-to-say-hi phone calls from people I haven't heard from in months. Roadtrips and going out of town with people who matter most. Making new friends and strengthening relationships with old ones. The feeling of having made up with a dear friend after a long, long fight. Being completely open with someone, letting out all my thoughts and feelings, and finding out that they like me just the same. Receiving unexpected hugs from friends. Sitting around and doing nothing with great, great company. Weddings and the additions to my family it brings. Honest-to-goodness heartfelt conversations. Waking up to the cool breeze that the rain brings, knowing that the day is only going to get better. Being able to go to new places. Saying goodbye to something, knowing that it isn't the end. Fooling around and acting stupid with a camera and friends. Having dinner with my family. Spending time with just myself and my music. Being completely content with how life is going...for at least a little bit.

I love how my summer is going, knowing that it isn't over yet--and hoping that there are even better things in store for me tomorrow, and the day after that.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home