Wednesday, August 02, 2006

no regrets.


currently listening to: let me be the one/blessid union of souls.

i was speaking with someone i just met today about the fact that i graduated recently and that i've more or less been "on vacation" ever since. then i got asked the million dollar question.

what have you been doing with your time since you graduated?

i gave some lame, half-baked answer--that i've been going back to school to finish the final yearbook plans, and that i had somewhat delayed looking for work because my family had made plans to go to vietnam.

don't get me wrong, there was truth to my answers. yes, the yearbook is still a big part of my "vacation", and although the trip to vietnam was a convenient excuse to put off looking for work--i really did go with my family.

but now, hours later, i've had time to think about it, and i realize that i really want to change my answer. please allow me to do so.

what have i been doing since i graduated?

well, on the surface, i've been finishing up the remains of my graduation money. i've been playing lots of poker online, and a little bit of real poker. i've been watching lots and lots of movies, dvd's, cable shows, and series. i've been going drinking. i've been traveling with both friends and family. i've been chatting. i've been eating a whole lot. i've been trying things that i don't know how to do-like ice skating and playing billiards. i've been going shopping. i've been going to coffee houses at different times of the day. i've been going to successful birthday bashes, and going to failed surprise ones.

yes, i sound like the bummest of bums, but there's so much more to it than the bum-miness that it sounds.

over the past few weeks, i have made mere acquaintances from high school into actual friends. i've shared the (lack of) enthusiasm for job hunting and realizations that we're actually getting old with college friends. i've been able to experience all sorts of new things with both family and friends--may it be a new country, province, mall, or hobby. i've cried over nothings, and i've laughed at almost everything. i've had a lot of "me" time, and i've begun to finally like who i am. i've made new relationships that look nothing but promising and make me nothing but happy. and somehow, my best friends from years back are now even best-er friends.

so there. my answer has changed... and i'm 101.79% confident that i can start looking for work knowing that my vacation was NOT a waste (but i'm still not going to look!). and if i may add, there's still so much to do and so much to look forward to--and i can't wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home