Tuesday, December 05, 2006

on being true to myself.


currently listening to: you can't always get what you want/the rolling stones.

a few weeks ago, i thought i was hitting rock-bottom. it's been months since graduation and somehow, all the "aren't you working yet?" and "you're still a bum!?!" questions were really starting to get to me and were starting to make me feel like a first-class loser. thoughts like "no one wants me", "i'm not good enough to do anything" and "i'm a failure" crossed my mind at all times of the day.

but things have changed now. yes, i am still unemployed, but i am more content with my present state. i no longer feel sorry for myself. i no longer feel the urge to hide from friends online, trying to avoid embarassing questions regarding my employment status. i am finally excited about christmas, instead of dreading it for the sole reason that "i have no money to buy anyone presents".

i am content and i am blessed. i have a fabulously supportive family and group of friends, and that's all i really need at present. the rest will come later--in due time--and i'm completely fine with that :).


( and thank you to everyone who posted a comment in the previous post. the extremely strange and funny memories really cheered me up!!!:) )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home