Tuesday, February 20, 2007

underrated.


currently listening to: desire/ryan adams.

You always hear about things that are overrated--movies, songs, restaurants, etc. People tend to rave about how great certain things are, but when you see it or hear it or experience it for yourself, you just find yourself in for a big disappointment.

But some things in life are way too underrated. There are things that you hear people say or do so often that it's begun to mean practically nothing because of how common these things are. However, when you find yourself in a situation so unbelievably new and different...well, then that's another story.

Today,I realized that there are certain things that we say and do in our everyday lives that are extremely underrated.

"I had a bad day."
People say this ALL the time. There's this urge to get drunk or curl up in bed. Why? It depends. Your crush talked to another girl today? You and your boyfriend broke up? Your sister wore your shirt again? Trust me, it could be worse.

"I screwed up."
HA! I bring new meaning to this statement now, and boy, did I screw up.

Hugs.
Just when you think you're stronger and can face the music, you get a hug from someone you least expect, and the waterfalls start coming (again). Hugs have such an unbelievable power to heal, and can almost instantly make you feel better--momentarily, at least. I got a lot of hugs today, and I couldn't stop crying. Not because I felt bad all over again (due to #1 and #2), but because...

"I'm blessed."
Some people, I've known forever, but some, I've known only for a very short period of time. But no matter how badly I screwed up, I'm still surrounded by absolutely great people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home